Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Own Metamorphosis

Change to me is a very difficult thing to deal with. Whether it's changing into a new quarter or something more complicated as my parents getting divoced and remarried. Either way it takes me a while to find different ways to cope with it. I'm sure a lot of you have either gone through the same types of things, or maybe even worse...It sometimes sucks having new things happen, especially when it's out the norm for you. I was always used to living with just my mom, dad, sister, and a dog. But when they divorced, all of that changed. At first it was just the part of having two different places to live, but when my mom remarried, and then a couple years later my dad did...things got even weirder...My step-dad was someone who in some way took the roll of my dad. But then my dad, who remarried to my ex step-mom that was a different story down a long long road that we won't take the time to travel over this blog. He's now engaged to a woman, who i'm still not too fond of, but she does have two little girls who are awesome and a lot of fun. Once the change sets in, it's easy to look back and say, "what in the world was i freaking out over". But in the mean time, if you're going through change, read a book, listen to music, or pick up a hobby...it def. keeps your mind off of things, and seems to make time go by faster :) but that's just me..

3 comments:

aleeshaKo said...

I hate change too!

I was actually just talking to someone the other day about how change is most likely my biggest fear. Now I'm fortunate enough to not have had to deal with something as big as my parents getting a divorce but I know how you feel. My brother's getting married this summer, I'm graduating, and a lot of my friends are changing into not-so-good people.

After a while change does settle in, you're right, but for some reason I still freak out =)

Hope everything works out! =)

Mr. Kunkle said...

If you fear change, being 17-18 years old in our culture must be a rough time: it's all about change.

Thanks for the honest post, Nicole. A lot of the materials we've read this term must have had resonance with you, from the family conflicts in "Sutton Pie Safe" and the two Sherman Alexie stories to the big change in Kafka's "The Metamorphosis." Given what I know about you and your family situation, I think you'll really enjoy the last novel we read for the class, Caucasia.

Alyssa said...

I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY!

I mean obviously I was there... =]

I hate change too, but think about it, if there was never any change in the world, we would probably be worse off then it is right now.

Things dont have to get better, but I hope they do =]

love you