Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tattoo

For class we had to pick a piece of writing to explain and describe what it was about and how it made us feel. I choose the lyrics "Tattoo" by Jordan Sparks. It's a pretty popular song right now, so i'm sure most of you have heard it once or twice. To some people it's just a song, but to others, who can relate to it and understand what it's really about, are going to understand it's importance and reason for it.

"No matter what you say about love,
I keep coming back for more,
Keep my hand in the fire,
Sooner or later I get what I'm asking for.
No matter what you say about life,
I learn every time I bleed
the truth is a Stranger
soul is in danger
I gotta let my spirit be free to
Admit that I'm wrong and then change my mind
Sorry but I have to move on and leave you behind"

Basically she's almost addicted to love and can't help but get involved with someone. And everytime she does get involed, sooner or later she's bound to get hurt again because that's how love works. When you put your feelings into something, and it doesn't go as you wanted, you won't be happy. And everytime you do get hurt, you're not expecting it, because you're blissfully ignorant. So in the song she eventually decideds to leave it all behind and not hurt herself anymore because it's not worth it.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I LOVE THIS SONG! everytime I hear it I want to cry. It is so sad that sometimes people have to deal with death like that and have to keep that with them so long. =[

Good post though.

love you